Payments / Fintech
Support beyond telco services
All around the world, we are witnessing an unstoppable shift toward mobile commerce. Consumers are now spending more money and time on their mobile devices than on their desktops or in physical stores. It is not just huge e-commerce platforms like eBay and Amazon that take their place in the market but also highstreet retailers ranging from clothing shops to grocers getting involved in the m-commerce boom. Dedicated m-commerce apps are released regularly with great success, all facilitated by telcos. Yet, the windfall of mobile payments and fintech are not felt by operators.
We believe operators and platforms still can still benefit from this shift to m-commerce, but they must access this opportunity by exploring the world beyond recharge and telecom services. As we know, telcos already have a ‘billing relationship’ with their customers and have an intimate knowledge of their profile data. It is not a far reaching to suggest that this can be leveraged to facilitate more payments and increase their share of wallet via payment partnerships.
The way we see it, there are two types of initiatives that can lead to an increase in payment volume and spending value:
- Transaction-enhancing partnerships. Successful adoption will make the payment process more efficient and result in a higher number of transactions
- Value-enhancing partnerships. Successfully rolling out this initiative will increase the amount spent per transaction by the consumer
At RDC, we have the expertise and tools necessary to implement these plans and bring operators and platforms in line with m-commerce power houses.
How can we help?
- Partner negotiation and integration
- Direct Carrier Billing strategy
- Revenue assurance
- Application design and development
Case StudiesSee All
Get In touch
If you have a requirement you would like to tell us about request a call back below