Daryl is a long time telecoms expert with experience as a P&L owner and in Network Architecture and Design, OSS/BSS systems and processes, Service Design, roll out, and Operations. He is a proven international advisor and consultant having held positions as CEO, MD, GM, and Board Director.
His expertise is in leadership, technology, strategy, innovation, business design, corporate development, and venture across Telecoms, Media, Technology, Services, Healthcare, and Real Estate industries with public and private organisations ranging from start-up to FTSE 50/Fortune 10 companies.
Daryl has held key roles in BT (Director Network and Systems), Colt (Strategy and P&L roles), Bellsouth Cellular (OSS/BSS Design & Development), Sierra Pacific Communications, now Zayo (COO), Epoch Internet (VP Engineering), Enron Broadband Services (VP Engineering), Digital Realty (MD APAC) and Health Management Associates (VP IT & Network).
He has served as Strategy Lecturer at International Management Education and Lecturer for MIT Sloan Graduate Programs on Digital Transformation and Market Dynamics.
Daryl has a BSEE from University of Alabama Huntsville and Executive Education from Harvard Business School.
- Completed business redesign for telecoms, data center, and services company, including OSS/BSS architecture
- Delivered 21st Century Network Programme (Next Generation Network) design on time and within budget
- Expert in Telecommunications Strategic Review and Undertakings to Ofcom (UK regulator) protecting BT position while reaching an agreement beneficial to the industry creating Openreach
- Deployed 125 network elements and developed, tested, and deployed custom software in nationwide DSL roll out in under 120 days
- Established Senior Management Team and built organic and in-organic growth strategy by individual market and region for a data centre operator. Identified region as under-weight and out-perform in portfolio and presented investment plan to the Board. Built and executed Japan entry strategy