A Telecommunications technologist with a particular specialism in mobile, OSS/BSS systems and processes. Steve specialises in advising service providers on how to maximise the potential of their businesses, enter new markets and build new service offerings. As a commercial manager he has been responsible for deals worth over GBP 100m, and as a strategist and architect he has brought numerous high value businesses to market. Steve has developed a number of successful strategies for dealing with complex technology transformation and has shown how this can be achieved effectively in highly diverse environments.
Steve’s career history includes BT, Vodafone, Evolving Systems, Lycamobile and Analysys Mason. From 2011 to 2013 he was CTO for PrimeTel PLC, a quad play service provider in Cyprus – some of his achievements there include:
• Execution of a major business transformation programme establishing industry best-practice and processes
• Deployment of two sub-sea cable systems from Cyprus, partnering with Reliance Globalcom and Tamares Telecom.
• Implementation and successful market launch of a pre-pay and post-pay MVNO, for around 40% of the initially planned Capex, seeing revenue growth in the first 18 months of 15% per month.
• Replacement of legacy voice network with Sonus Networks SIP VoIP solution with support for advanced voice calling features and mobile integration.
• Full refresh of OSS/BSS estate and implementation of real-time convergent billing and customer care solution, supporting integrated quad-play market propositions.
• Redesign of the IPTV business and introduction of the first Hybrid IPTV / DTT solution in Cyprus.
• Introduction of the first FTTH network to Cyprus.
In 2013 Steve led a separation programme in Botswana to spilt Botswana Telecom into an national infrastructure operator and a service provider ahead of an IPO.
He has run successful MVNO / MVNE projects in the UK, Middle East, Australia, Poland, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa, and OSS/BSS design and transformation programmes for Vodafone Group, T-Mobile, Hutchison, along with the design for national roaming for an LTE new entrant in Eastern Europe.
Steve has an MEng from Newcastle and an MBA from Durham. He is a Chartered Electrical Engineer and a Member of the Chartered Management Institute.