Heidi is a Senior Risk Management Practitioner and Quantative Advisor with over 15 years’ experience working with leading Financial Institutions to implement advanced Credit Risk measurement and management techniques and strategies to achieve Basel II AIRB compliance. Heidi began her banking career at HBOS where she was Head of Secured Forecasting and Provisioning with responsibility for all Impairment reporting and forecasting across Halifax, Bank of Scotland, The Mortgage Business, Birmingham Midshires and Intelligent Finance
She has since worked at Cheltenham & Gloucester and Lloyds Banking Group, where she was Senior Advisor on the Secured Capital and Impairment programme within Retail Credit Risk, responsible for the definition and oversight of all work relating to the development of the new PD and LGD rating methodology for mortgages, as well as for engaging with model approval teams at both the PRA and Group Risk
Heidi has a deep understanding of Retail Banking with particular expertise in Retail mortgages and associated Credit Risk management methodologies and practices to support dynamic Credit Decisioning, Risk Weighted Assets and Impairment modeling, Forecasting and active Capital Management
Major projects, roles and achievements include:
• Unsecured delivery Lead responsible for major Impairment process migration delivering IFRS9 compliance
• Secured integration project for a major UK bank with 3.5m secured accounts
• Loss forecast model validation of an Irish SME corporate banking portfolio with €2.8bn assets
• Conducted due diligence on the merger of two engineering companies
• Completed a business healthcheck on a manufacturing company
• Produce a pricing model to assist with hotel marketing
• Site head of decision science at Lloyds responsible for retail application scorecards, and secured lending models
• Responsible for all the Basel, Impairment, Arrears, P&L Charge, Risk Weighted Asset modeling and forecasting including developing a best practice Risk Weighted Asset and Impairment Forecasting Tool
• Head of Credit Risk at Cheltenham & Gloucester, member of the Impairment Mitigation Steering Group
• Head of Secured Forecasting and provisioning at HBOS plc.
• Reported key performance indicators, such as impaired loans, coverage, book debt to value, new lending loan to value for Mainstream, Buy to Let, Self Cert, Sub-Prime and Mortgage Plus products.
• Operational Research Manager at Littlewoods plc
• Senior specialist at the Big Food Group plc, (worked on 30 cost saving projects, such as a home shopping strategy)
Heidi is a highly competent programmer. She has developed many statistical models using SAS and SPSS, for clustering analysis, optimisation, forecasting, identifying trends and processing data sets
Heidi has a Ph.D. in Operational Research & Applied Statistics, a Masters in Mathematics and a First Class Honours Degree in Mathematics from the University of Salford.