Gursharan is a highly talented consultant with over 23 years experience in Financial Services, Media and Professional Services having had key roles within PWC, BBC, Merrill Lynch, UBS and Lloyds Banking Group. She has built a reputation for designing and implementing robust risk, regulatory and control frameworks, process re-engineering and optimising management reporting processes. She is also an expert in outsourcing, transition management and international vendor relationships. She managed the development and implementation of several risk related IT solutions.
Gursharan has significant knowledge of front-to-back processes underpinning large and complex Financial Institutions particularly within Credit Risk, Finance, Operations and Technology. She has developed a rich toolkit of robust analytical and strategic (programme) management methodologies to help businesses realise corporate visions. She carefully balances delivery with active management of client relationships and is relied upon to communicate difficult messages clearly and concisely to a range of challenging audiences up to board level.
Example projects, roles & achievements include:
• For Lloyds, managed a significant regulatory change within Retail Credit Risk regarding the adoption of a new impairment methodology for financial assets. This involved managing a full systems architecture re-design and data review for the Unsecured business, development of impairment models and design of impact assessment outputs.
• Managed the IT implementation and infrastructure upgrade of a key economic index for the Chief Economist at Lloyds
• For UBS, developed a robust Operational Risk Framework for Global Credit Risk and significantly reduced the SOX burden through rationalisation of documentation and processes.
• Managed the successful proof of concept for the first online risk heat map for Global Credit Risk, UBS
• End to end transition of 150 roles to outsource supplier Infosys for UBS, from opportunity assessment to stead state operations. Developed the bank’s offshoring and outsourcing strategy (6 months in Bangalore); produced a corporate video filmed in India used as a benchmark of excellence used across the bank
• At UBS, managed rollout of multiple medium size system applications, using a niche team of IT developers for Global Operations
• Re-engineered several reporting processes and teams, tightening reporting cycles and enhancing usability of management information across various clients
• Merrill Lynch, Finance Controller for Technology (Europe) produced 5 year strategic plans, managed annual budgets and completed financial appraisals for technology projects
• As Financial Manager at the BBC, produced €71m IT Infrastructure Investment Proposal for Digital Archiving
• Managed and coached many global teams (programme and operational of 50+ people)
• Led multiple audit and insolvency projects advising on control improvements at PWC
Gursharan has a BSc in Mathematics & Statistics from London University, and is a qualified Chartered Accountant from PWC