Arun Dehiri is Red Dawn’s founder and Managing Director. He is a pioneering management consultant with 23 years of experience in media, telecoms, finance & management. Arun has spent 17 years in leading professional service firms including PWC, TMNG & Analysys Mason, grounded with 6 years of industry roles within BSkyB and Orange.
Arun originally founded a boutique consultancy in 2004, which was acquired by Analysys Mason where on the Executive Board, led its Telecoms Sector and was the Sales Director. Arun leads strategy development and delivery teams for blue-chip brands and early growth companies across the globe addressing strategic & operational requirements. Most comfortable at the white board, Arun inspires clients to realise corporate visions and personal aspirations by delivering his thought leadership in a clear, concise and considered manner.
He has developed strong C-level relationships and a trusted team of high performing consultants with both sales & operational capabilities.He has an exceptional approach to identify opportunities through market insights, listening to clients needs, and rapidly translating these into a solution framework. He is regular conference speaker and an expert in convergence, pricing, proposition innovation, mobile virtual network operators (MVNO), sales optimisation, mobile applications, enterprise solutions, mobile banking, financial and organisational transformation,IT & networking and KPI optimisation. Arun has developed a rich toolkit of robust analytical and strategic programme methodologies.
Example projects, roles & achievements include:
• Chairman of the International MVNO Association
• Commercial Director at Colt: leading mobile strategy and 5 year business plan refresh for IT & Networking
• Strategic advisor to Ovivo Mobile
• COO at Ministry of Sound
• Developed mobile and loyalty programmes for major retail bank and Turkish conglomerate
• Opportunity due diligence and market assessment for mobile application platform in Ireland
• Negotiated exceptional airtime agreements for many of the world’s most important MVNOs including General Motors On Star, Lycamobile, BT, PrimeTel, ONO, Telenet
• Developed go to market sales strategy for O2’s smartphones (e.g. Blackberry)
• Developing business cases and launch strategy for new entrants such as Tesco Mobile, Wal-Mart, Disney, EarthLink
• Designed customer launch propositions for major quad play incumbents in Spain and Belgium
• Managed the build of a major service enabling platform at Etisalat (UAE)
• Developed innovative pricing strategies for Vodafone, Cell C, Orange
Arun has a BA (hons) degree in Economics from Kent University and qualified as a Chartered Accountant from Price Waterhouse (now PWC)